All candidates must fill the College application form in all respects, including the sports section and upload all documents and certificates as required. They can apply for more than one game but they must fill all the fields and upload certificates for all the games they apply for.
It is mandatory for all candidates who have completed the above, to appear for the Certificate Verification with their Sports Certificates in original.
Certificates of last THREE years will be considered.
Please refer to the University of Delhi’s Guidelines for Validity of Sports Certificates.
Certificate Verification will take place in the College as per the schedule displayed on the College Website and on Sports Notice Boards in College.
Lists of candidates shortlisted for St. Stephen’s College Sports Trials will be displayed on the College Website and on Sports Notice Boards in College TWO days before the trial date for each game.
St. Stephen’s College Sports Trials will take place as per the schedule displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
List of Shortlisted Candidates for Sports Interviews will be displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
List of Selected Candidates under Sports Merit Admission 2017 will be displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
CRITERIA FOR SHORTLISTING CANDIDATES FOR SPORTS TRIALS
Not everyone who applies for admission under the Sports Category is called for Sports Trials.
Sports certificates are checked and verified.
Marks are awarded to candidates on the basis of their certificates as per the guidelines prescribed by the University of Delhi.
Only the candidates shortlisted on the basis of certificate marks in different sports will be called for the Sports Trials as per their playing positions as detailed below:
- Point Guard – Top 10; Shooting Guard – Top 10; Small Forward – Top 10;
Centre – Top 10 ; Power Forward – Top 10
- Candidates who have participated in ISSF National Shooting Championship with a score of 90%in Air Rifle and 85%in Air Pistol will be eligible for the Trials.
- Candidates for Shooting Trials must bring their own Guns, Pallets, Gas, Ice, and other related articles .Only Target Papers will be provided by the college.
- Goalkeepers – Top 10; Defenders – Top 15; Midfielder – Top 15 and Wingers -Top 10; Strikers – Top 10
- All Rounder – Top 10; Fast Bowler 05; Leg Spinner –Top 05; Medium Pace Bowler -05; Off Spinner -05; Wicketkeeper -05;
- *Individual Medley 200m is COMPULSORY for all Candidates in Men and Women
- **Apart from Individual Medley, One Best Stroke as per the preference of Candidate will be timed for Recording the Performance.
- Securing Position in the Trial does not consider the Merit of the Swimmer, Performance Timing will recorded for the same.
SQUASH RACQUETs (M) / TABLE TENNIS (M&W)/LAWN TENNIS (M&W)
- Only Top 15 Candidates will Shortlisted for their Sports trials as per their Categories
In Case of Tie in any Sport /Category / Position then all candidates with the same marks will be eligible for the trials
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- Candidates who do not report for the trials on time will not be allowed to participate, especially after the trials have begun.
- The Shortlisted Candidates should report at the designated venue in proper kit half an hour before the scheduled commencement of the Trials. All candidates must sign the attendance sheet.
- The College will provide only the ball (Basketball ,Cricket ball, Football ,Lawn Tennis Ball , Table tennis Ball , Squash Ball, etc.) shuttle cock , target papers. The remaining items/ equipment should be brought the applicants themselves.
- All applicants are advised to bring an extra Rifle , Pistol , Cricket Bat / Racquets for Tennis / Squash / badminton in case of damage / malfunction or if strings /guts give way .Shooters are hereby instructed to bring pellets of their own choice.
- Trials will not be postponed for any reason whatsoever.
- Applicants should take care of their own belongings at the venues .The College shall not be responsible for any loss/damage /theft.
- Applicants indulging in any kind of indiscipline or attempting in way to interfere with the smooth and orderly conduct to the trials may be disqualified by the Sports Committee
- Parents , Guardians of the applicants are advised not to be disturb the trial officials or the Committee Members during the trials
All participating in the trials are informed that they take part in these trials at their own risk and responsibility. The College shall not be responsible for any injury etc. sustained during these trials.
*For any matter, not covered by any Rule/Regulation, the decision for the College authority shall be final and binding.
Professor John Varghese S.K Chakravortty
Principal Associate Professor
Chairman of the Sports Admission Committee Dept. of Physical Education