REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
St. Stephen’s College Delhi (hereinafter “we,” “us,” “our,” the “institution” or “the College”) takes pride in its commitment to educational excellence. We understand that making the choice to invest in your education is significant, which is why we have developed a detailed Refund and Cancellation Policy in adherence to the “UGC notification dated October 2018 on “Refund of fees and Non-Retention of Original Certificates”. We strongly recommend that students and their families read this policy carefully before completing the payment of any fees.
The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. This fee covers the administrative costs of processing applications.
Excess Payments/Multiple Payments
In cases where a student has made multiple payments/excess payment, he/she must send in a written request for refund and following due diligence College will either refund or adjust the excess amount with subsequent fees/applicable bills, provided student has not claimed chargeback for any such amounts.
Tuition Fee – (Applicable to UG and PG admissions only)
The refund shall be processed as per the Delhi University’s refund and cancellation policies and guidelines. Kindly check the DU website.
Note: In normal cases caution money and security deposit which are part of the fees chargeable, shall be refunded in full.
- Full Refund: A full refund will be granted if the student decides to withdraw before moving into the Residence, minus a processing fee of 5%.
- Partial Refund: A 50% refund will be granted if the student decides to withdraw within the first month of moving into the Residence.
- No Refund: No refund will be granted if the student withdraws after one month of staying in the Residence.
Centre for Excellences
- Stephen’s Centre for Advanced Learning (SCAL) and Centre for Languages (CFL): It is to be noted that neither application nor course fees are subject to refund under any standard conditions. Exceptions to this policy may only be made in extraordinary circumstances, which are subject to the discretionary approval of the Principal and the Bursar.
- Refunds will be processed within 21 working days of receiving a written request for withdrawal along with supporting documentation.
- The refund will be credited back to the original mode of payment unless otherwise specified.
Cancellation of Admission
- Incorrect or Incomplete Documentation: If, at any point before/after admission, it is found that any documents or information submitted during the application process are incorrect, altered, or missing, St. Stephen’s College, Delhi reserves the right to cancel the admission of the concerned student immediately. In such cases, no refund of any fees (including but not limited to application fee, tuition fee, and hostel fee) will be provided.
- Code of Conduct Violations: Admission may also be cancelled for severe violations of the college’s Code of Conduct, as determined by the Disciplinary Committee. No refunds will be provided in such cases.
- Academic Misconduct: Instances of academic dishonesty, including but not limited to cheating and plagiarism, poor attendance, may also lead to cancellation of admission. In such cases, no refunds will be issued.
Process for Cancellation
For cancellation by the College due to incorrect or incomplete documentation, students will be notified via their registered email
address and will be given a period of 7 days to respond or rectify the issue, failing which the admission will be cancelled without further notice.
St. Stephen’s College Delhi reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Any changes will be updated on the college website, and students are encouraged to periodically review this policy.
This policy is only governed by the laws of the Republic of India. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to, the terms shall be addressed to the College (email@example.com) before proceeding with any kind of legal actions. The Courts of Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any disputes so raised.
- For any queries or any refund related request, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org