INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND ACCOMMODATION
The interviews for admission to the first-year undergraduate courses will be announced shortly. Please check the website regularly to check the interview schedule so that you can make suitable travel arrangements to be available in Delhi at least a day before the Interview.
Once the interviews for a particular course have been completed, the list of applicants selected for admission will be put up on the College website and on the Notice Boards on the next working day after 4:00 pm. A Waiting List, in order of merit, for different categories, will be put up at the same time.
Those selected for admission should submit original certificates and two passport-sized photographs at the time of paying their fees and completing admission formalities. If, for unavoidable reasons, it is not possible to submit the original certificates at the time of admission, they should be submitted as soon as possible thereafter, but not later than 31 July 2019, failing which admission shall be cancelled.
The original certificates will be retained by the College till the time the student finishes her/his course or leaves the College.
ACCOMMODATION DURING ADMISSION
The College strives to provide comfortable experiences for the applicants during the interview stage of the admission process. Limited AC and Non- AC accommodation on campus with facilities for dining is available, for outstation candidates called for interviews and their parents/guardians during the interview period.
The College does not, however, guarantee the availability of accommodation for all. Those who wish to avail this facility should apply through a form (which will be available at https://ststephens.edu/admissions-accomodation/). Those candidates who will be allotted accommodations, on a first come first served basis, will be required to pay, at the time of room allotment, the prescribed tariffs for food and/ lodging.
DOCUMENTS TO BE BROUGHT AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW
Applicants appearing for the interview should bring the following documents with them:
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- A printout of the interview call letter.
- A printout of the Delhi University registration form.
- The following documents, in original and one set of self-attested copies:
- Certificate of the date of birth of the applicant (normally the Secondary School Certificate).
- Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination.
- For Candidates from Christian Category:
i. A letter of membership of the candidate or one of the parents in a Church; the membership must have been active for at least two years prior to the deadline for receiving applications and must be active at present.
ii. A letter of recommendation from the Parish priest, endorsed by the Bishop of the Church or a person of equivalent authority.
iii. A Certificate of Baptism/Certificate of Dedication/ Confirmation (at least 2 years prior to the last date of receipt of application)
- For Candidates from SC/ST Category: SC/ST Certificate from a competent authority*
- For Candidates from PwD Category: Physical Disability Certificate**
- For Candidates from Foreign Boards: Equivalence Certificate from AIU, only if the examination conducted by their board/examining body is not mentioned in the list of examinations regarded as equivalent to the CBSE class 12 examination by the University of Delhi/the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- For Candidates endorsed by The Ministry of External Affairs: (i). A letter from their respective governments. (ii). Letter of endorsement by The Ministry of External Affairs (Government of India).
- For Children of Martyrs: Certificate from a competent authority indicating cause and manner in which life was sacrificed for the nation.
- For Candidates from Christian Category:
* Officers competent to issue Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificates:
(i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
(iii) Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
(iv) Sub-divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally reside(s).
(v) Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island).
** The Physical Disability Certificate has to be issued by a Government Hospital.
In the event of any doubt as to the genuineness of the certificate, or the extent of the disability of the candidate concerned, or in regard to the entitlement of the candidate to seek admission under the category of physically disabled candidates, it is open to the Principal to refer the candidate to a Medical Board to be constituted by the University, and/or take such other steps as may be required to ascertain the correct facts and entitlement of the candidate concerned, and if it is found that the candidate is not eligible or entitled under this category, to cancel the admission after issuing a show cause notice to the candidate concerned, giving him/her 15 days time to reply.
Certificates issued by any non-competent authorities will not be accepted.
The self-attested copies will be retained while the originals will be returned after scrutiny.
Applicants should make sure that they take back their original certificates after their interview.
In exceptional cases a candidate may be permitted to produce the original certificates at a later stage.