This policy outlines our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website (https://ststephens.edu) or its sub-domains. This policy also provides a brief of statutory rights provided to you under the existing laws.
“Data” means a representation of information, facts, concepts, opinions or instructions in a manner suitable for communication, interpretation or processing by human beings or by automated means.
What data do we collect?
- Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in several ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, fill out a form, respond to a survey, and/or register for various programmes in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site and related pages.
- Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. This may include the browser name, related details, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, Referring URLs and IP address.
How will we use your data/collected information?
We may collect and use your data/collected information for the following purposes:
- To Improve our Service: Information you provide helps us respond better to your service requests/needs and support needs for improved efficiency.
- To Personalize User Experience: We may use aggregated information to understand how our Users, as a group, use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To Improve Our Site: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To Administer Surveys or Other Site Features: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics that we think will interest them.
- To Send Periodic Emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order, request or indicated area/s of interest.
How We Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable security measures to collect, store and protect your information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we do not guarantee absolute protection of the information and as such we do not claim that the information stored by us is absolutely safe from intrusion by others during transmission through the internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care.
Do we share your personal Information?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your information in the following situations:
- To comply with any requirement or procedure under any law for the time being in force or to comply with requests made by a competent authority in due process of law.
- Third-party service providers that assist the institution in its operations, such as data processing, email delivery, and hosting services are chosen based on their robust security measures and adherence to international data protection standards.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
What are your Data Protection Rights?
- Right to access information: You shall have the right to request our institution to access a summary of your personal data which is being processed/stored by us. You shall also have the right to seek information of the entities with whom your data has been shared by us. We may charge you a process/convenience fee for copies of the information sought.
- Right to modification and erasure: You shall have the right to correct, complete, update and erasure of your personal data which is being processed/stored by us.
Our website may contain links to other websites. These third-party sites have separate privacy policies, and we have no responsibility or liability for their content or activities.
No visitor to this site may use any information – text, visual or audio-visual on this site without a written permission to do so. Agencies, official bodies and other such groups having interest must seek permission in due process of law prior to their use.
Any issue of unwanted, unsolicited emails/calls sent from our end can be addressed with a copy of the emails/details of the communication and may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org