From weeks of practice sessions and workout routines to changing colors of the spotlight; From crossfading the music to editing catchy online and offline promos and posters; From running around the college hall and green corridor, switching costumes and tying up the messy hair to fixing that one prop for the 99th time; From getting nervous in the backstage to finally setting the stage on fire, we desire and work to carry on the legacy.
And in-between all this, we develop a bond, and we become a family. Through the hardships of it all, we have got each other’s backs to perform our collective best.
The Choreography Society is the performing arts society of the college, and is a space not only for trained and non-trained dancers, but also for students who are interested in the diverse verticals of the society. The society is an inclusive space where even non-dancers can participate by engaging in vertical-oriented activities like ‘Production’ that includes make-up, decor work, and stage designing, ‘Technical’ that includes sounds and lights work, and ‘Publicity’ that is multimedia and social-media oriented. The finance-sponsorship, administration, and public relations-oriented council positions ensure the smoothness of organizing of events at all levels and from all aspects.
We appreciate a symbiotic way of training and learning and involve ourselves in a variety of events broadening our spectrum of zeal and zest. The perfect blend of Western and Indian dance forms is a trademark of the society’s culture and we give students a platform to evince their passionate and high-spirited performances.
You may reach us on our social media handles as given:
Council of Academic Year 2021-22
• PRESIDENT: Julie Donngaihlun (3rd English Honours)
• VICE PRESIDENTS: Anna Miriam Philip (3rd Mathematics Honours) and Shalin Mariam Alex (3rd Economics Honours)
• GENERAL SECRETARY: Milana Benedict (3rd Mathematics Honours)
• INDIAN HEAD: Prasita Dutta (3rd Chemistry Honours)
• WESTERN HEAD: N. Tampha Chanu (3rd History Honours)
• PUBLICITY HEAD: Deon Paul Tenny (3rd Mathematics Honours)
• EXTERNAL HEAD (Western): Shireen Eshita Helms (3rd B.A. Programme)
• EXTERNAL HEAD (Thematic Choreography): Calistha Rose Joseph (2nd B.A Programme)
• TREASURER: Jame Thomas Mathew (2nd Economics Honours)
• ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD: Ann Joseph (2nd Physics Honours)
• PR HEADS: Papatla Akash (2nd B.A. Programme) and Yogita (2nd Chemistry Honours)
• TECHNICAL HEAD: Anand George (2nd B.Sc. Programme)
• PUBLICITY IN-CHARGE: Cyril Binoy (2nd Mathematics Honours)
As for our future events, we have two major events coming up:
INTRA-RAQS: The intra-college dance competition for students from all years and courses, who will be competing in four different categories – KALA (Indian Solo), NATANA (Indian Duo), ARDOUR (Western Solo), and DUENDE (Western Duo).
This is part of the annual flagship event of The Choreography Society called RAQS UTSAV which consists of INTRA-RAQS and INTER-RAQS [where we host other colleges’ dance societies for an inter-college two-day dance competition – NATYARPAN (Solo Indian Classical and Group Folk Dance) | CATHARSIS Thematic Choreography Group Dance and Western Group Dance)].
ANNUAL PRODUCTION: The last production that wraps up the academic year. This production consists of a storyline that is either original or is an adaptation of an already existing movie, musical, or story. The choreography is made around this storyline, and all the verticals come together to visualize it on stage.