DR. CHINKHANLUN GUITE
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
Tel.: 011-27662168 / 011-27667200
Dr. Chinkhanlun Guite
Bursar’s House, Quarter no. B-2
St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University
Mobile no.: +919717733405
Gender : Male
Nationality : India
Language : English (speaking and writing)
: Hindi (speaking)
Qualification : Ph.D (Experimental Condensed matter physics)
Designation : Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
- Asst. Professor, 2015 – Present: St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University
- Post Doc., 2013 – 2015: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
- Int. Ph.D, 2013: Indian Institute of Science, Bangaluru.
Topic: Experimental Studies of electron spin dynamics in semiconductors using a novel Radio frequency detection technique.
- B.Sc. (H) Physics, 2003: St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University.
- XII (Science), 2000: Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Churachandpur.
- C. Guite, I.S. Kerk, M.C. Sekhar, M. Ramu, S. Goolaup and W.S. Lew, “All-electrical single domain wall generation for on-chip applications”, Scientific Reports, 4, 7459 (2014)
- C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, “Temperature dependence of spin lifetime and optical orientation efficiency of electrons in bulk Germanium”, Applied Physics Letters 101, 252404 (2012)
- C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, “High Sensitivity detection of radio-frequency modulated magnetic moment in semiconductors”, Review of Scientific Instruments 82, 103905 (2011)
- C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, “Measurement of electron spin lifetime and optical orientation efficiency in Germanium using electrical detection of radio frequency modulated spin polarisation”, Physics Review Letters 107, 166603 (2011)
- “Deterministic generation of domain wall in zero external magnetic field”, Chinkhanlun Guite, I.S. Kerk, M. Chandra Sekhar and W.S. Lew. Singapore Provisional Application no. 10201405402X
- “Non-volatile logic device”, W.S. Lew, M. Chandra Sekhar, I. Purnama, S. Goolaup, P. Sethi and C. Guite. Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) Application no. PCT/SG2014/000218.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES
- “Driving multiple magnetic domain wall remotely via topological interaction”, I.Purnama, I.S. Kerk, C. Guite and W.S Lew, 4th Internaltional Conference on Superconductivity and Magnetism 2014, Antalya, Turkey.
- “Transverse domain wall chirality rectifier”, M. Ramu, S. Goolaup, M. Chandra Sekhar, P. Sethi, C. K. Guite and W. S. Lew, INTERMAG 2014, Dresden, Germany.
- “Deterministic generation of single domain wall in ferromagnetic nanowire using local Oersted field”, C. Guite, I.S. Kerk, M. Chandra Sekhar, and W.S. Lew, INTERMAG 2015, Beijing, PR China.
- “Fast and deterministic generation of single DW in in-plane ferromagnetic nanowire using local Oersted field”, C. Guite, I.S. Kerk, M. Chandra Sekhar and W.S. Lew, The 20th International Conference on Magnetism 2015, Barcelona, Spain.
- “Electronic spin detection and measurement of spin lifetime in Bulk GaAs at room temperature using highly sensitive radio frequency coil”, C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, 56th DAE-Solid State Physics Symposium, Chennai, India 2011. (Best poster award)
- “Electrical Measurement of Spin Life-time in GaAs at Room temperature using radio frequency coil”, C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, VI-Physics and Applications of Spin-related Phenomena in Semiconductors (PASP-VI), Tokyo, Japan (2010)
- “Electrical Detection of polarised electron spins in semiconductors at room temperature using radio frequency coil”, C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, 30th International Conference on the Physics of Semiconductors (ICPS), Seoul, Korea (2010).
- “Electrical detection of spin polarised electron in semiconductors using radio-frequency pick-up coil”. C. Guite and V. Venkataraman, 15th International Workshop on the Physics of Semiconductor Devices (IWPSD), Delhi, India (2009).
- Bursar, St. Stephen’s College, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Public Information Officer, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Member, College Governing Body (Ex-Officio), from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Member Secretary, College Finance Committee, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Coordinator, College Building Committee, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Convener, Grievance Redressal Cell, St. Stephen’s College, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Member, Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Nodal Officer, National Scholarship Portal, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Nodal Officer, J&K Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Convener, College Purchase Committee, from 1st Aug. 2021 to Present
- Associate Dean of Residence (2016 — 2021)
- Block tutor, Mukharji West Block (2015 — 2016)
- Block tutor, Mukharji East Block (2016 — 2021)
- Staff adviser for Social Service League (2015 — 2016)
- Staff adviser for Electronic Society (2015 — 2017)
- Staff adviser for North East Society (2016 — 2017)
- Staff adviser for JCR (2016 — 2017)
- Staff adviser of MLS (2017 — 2019)
- Staff adviser of Music Society (2019 — 2021)
- Staff adviser of Social Service League (2020 — 2021)
- Assistant Bursar (20th Jan. 2021 to 1st Aug. 2021)
- President of Social Service League (2021— Present)
- Chairperson, College Cafe’ (2021 — Present)
- Coordinator, Centre for Languages (2021 — Present)
- Convener, Research Project Monitoring Committee (2021 — Present)
- Convener, College Bursary Committee (2021 — Present)
- Convener, Science Facilities Committee (2021 — Present)
- Treasurer, All Indian Association for Christian Higher Education (AIACHE), from 3rd Aug. 2021 to Present.
- Adviser, Atal Tinkering Lab. (set up by NITI Aayog under Atal Innovation Mission), St. Paul’s Institute, Churachandpur, Manipur-795006, from 27th Dec. 2016 to Present.