Frequently Asked Questions
The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening/shortlisting guidelines etc. are available on the College website, along with the advertisement. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
However, some issues of common concern have been discussed below for the convenience of the applicants.
- I had applied for the same post earlier in 2019, do I need to apply again?This is a fresh advertisement which supersedes all other advertisements in this regard. Therefore, you need to apply again against this new advertisement and are required to pay the application fee as specified in this advertisement.
- From where one can fill up and submit the online application form?The online application form can be filled from the web-link https://recruitment.ststephens.edu and submitted online.
- Is a hard copy of the application form available at the college office and can it be submitted offline?Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the College website along with the present advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted. Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card.
- Can a person apply for more than one Faculty position?Yes. Separate forms will have to be filled for each faculty position.
- Which are the mandatory fields in the application?Mandatory fields are indicated by a red star (*) adjacent to the name of the field.
- Can only Indian citizens apply for the posts advertised for faculty positions?Besides Indian citizens, those who have acquired the status of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and have necessary documents in support of the same can also apply.
- What is the application fee for different categories?
Application fees are to be submitted as per the details given below:
- Fees for Assistant Professor is Rs.500/- for UR category.
- No application fee will be charged from applicants from PwBD category and Women applicants.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit cards.
- Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
- What are the categories required to be marked or entered into in the online proforma?
The online proforma has provision for marking the reservation category of the candidates on following two parameters:
- Under the Head: “Select Category for the position in which you are applying”, in the online application, status as Unreserved (UR), as applicable is required to be marked.
- Under the Head, ‘PwBD Category’, in the online application, status as Not Applicable/Locomotor Disability (LD), as applicable is required to be marked.
- Are the certificates indicating the reservation category status of the applicant required to be digitally verifiable?The reservation for applicants from Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/Central Government norms.
Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for PwBD category must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of respective reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government and should be digitally verifiable.
In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application may be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
- How can Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) access and fill the online application form?PwBD candidates may approach the helpdesk set up at the College in case they require any assistance in filling up the application form. They may also contact us at email@example.com
- Is there any relaxation in the requirement of 55% at the post-graduation level?A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the PwBD candidates in the category of Locomotor Disability (LD) including leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
The eligibility of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), wherever specified, and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- Is NET compulsory or is there any provision for NET exemption?The National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be the minimum eligibility for the appointment of Assistant Professor.
Provided that candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in the University.
Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree. All such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in the Colleges subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from her/his Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on her/his Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- How to convert GPA into percentage in the Academic Section Tab of the online application?The applicants are required to provide their credits/marks of Graduation, Post-graduation, M.Phil., and Ph.D. Degree in percentage only. Those having credits in the form of grades or GPA/CGPA, would be required to convert the same into percentage as per the conversion formula provided in the guidelines of the University/Institute granting the degree. A copy of the respective guidelines will have to be uploaded along with the concerned degree.
- Which date should be considered as the date of award of Degree (M.Phil./Ph.D.)?The date of notification of the result by the University/Institution would be considered as the date of award of the Degree (M.Phil./Ph.D).
- Does fulfilling the eligibility criteria suffice for getting an interview call?The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with the advertisement for short listing and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
Mere fulfilment of the required qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of marks for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which points are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement.
The minimum score requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor is indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
- What if the candidate does not get the NOC at the time of filling up the form?Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/Autonomous Bodies) are required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier. The NOC should also indicate the vigilance clearance from the parent department.
- What are the documents required to be submitted by the shortlisted candidates at the time of interview?Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with valid photo ID (Aadhaar/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport). A set of self-attested photocopy of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications, experience and category as applicable, indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of interview.
An indicative list of such documents is as follows:
- Proof of Date of Birth (Class 10th Certificate);
- Caste Certificate, if applicable;
- PwBD Certificate, if applicable;
- Certificates/testimonials for all the academic Degrees/Diplomas/Certificate Courses, as indicated in the online proforma by the applicant;
- NET/JRF Certificate;
- Experience Certificate duly issued by the parent office, which should clearly indicate the break period, if any;
- No Objection Certificate from the employer including vigilance clearance if applicable;
- Appointment letter/Joining letter from the current employer, if applicable.
- Any other certificate of academic/research distinction;
- Research Publications in original etc. as per uploaded or filled in the application form;
- M.Phil. and Ph.D. dissertations/thesis, if applicable.
- Any other document as specified in the interview call letter or as notified on the applicant’s dashboard or on the college website.
- How will the candidate get the interview call?The status of short-listing will be made available on the dashboards of the respective applicants for information. A notice to this effect indicating the schedule for the interview would also be published on the College website.
All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the e-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
The applicants are, therefore, advised to visit the website for updates in this respect. Telephonic queries on this issue shall not be entertained.
- What should be done if the website link stops or hangs?In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early. In case of any persistent technical issue, the applicants can mail their problem at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is it necessary to provide the evidence for each and every item/activity claimed in the application?It is mandatory to provide the proof, wherever it has been asked, to proceed with the online completion of application form. The evidence for activities such as extra-curricular activities/miscellaneous information may be presented at the time of interview by the candidates shortlisted for the interview.
- How to pay application fee?The payment is accepted by credit card/debit card.
- Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the online application form once submitted?No. The applicant must take care to ensure that inputs provided by the applicant should be correct and accurate. Addition/deletion in the Application Form for any changes or amendments are not possible after the submission of the form.