The Fine Arts Society
THE FINE ARTS SOCIETY
It is the magic of art that the Fine Arts Society tries to recreate and sustain at St. Stephen's College. The society strives to suffuse every student's life in college with the serenity and beauty that art brings with it. Inclusively bringing the student community together through various events that are organised every year, the Fine Arts Society promotes a wholesome appreciation of various forms of art, from folk art to sculpture and even pottery, to name a few. We hope to awaken the often dormant artist that lies within every individual and celebrate art as a wonderful medium of expression.
Our aim is to provide a safe, non-judgemental environment for students who would like to develop their interest in art. Allowing students to express their views and opinions through art. We have just finished our annual celebration; Artipelago, whose theme was Modern Art: Art for Art’s Sake. Under the Annual Festival the Society held an Inaugural Talk, an Exhibition, a Sketching Session and a Calligraphy Workshop.
We have also revived the Journal of the Fine Arts Society; Meraki. Please click here to view
the November Edition:
Our Annual Fresher’s Exhibition was held online through a virtual exhibition platform, built
entirely by the students, for the first time. To browse through click here:
Third Year Members
President: Aisha Nikita Singh
Vice President: Irene Mariah
General Secretary: Elizabeth Eldho
Publicity and Public Relations Head: Aiman Masoodi
Second Year Members
Treasurer: Aarti Tewari
Executive Council Member: Lucy Chingneihoih
Executive Council Member: Parshant Ratawal
Executive Council Member: Susanna Daniel
Executive Council Member: Saijal Kaushal
Executive Council Member: Ishita Pundir
Executive Council Member: Lessely Shaju
- The Fine Arts Society organized a KULHAD PAINTING SESSION, the first offline event of the academic year 2022-2023, under the Society’s initiative Kalakriti- A Celebration of Indian Art.
- Organized on 16th September 2022.
- Venue: Corridor near Room XC facing the Library Lawns.
- Time: 4-6 pm
- 54 junior members participated in the session.
- The session aimed at promoting Indian Art forms, (although not directly, as the participants were free to choose art forms of their choice), by giving the participants to display their artistic style on a more traditional and sustainable canvas, KULHAD.
|Ellis Francis||Mahima Mukherjee|
|Joanna E. Philip||Kavya Manoharan|
|Nom Haokip||Ishita Agarwal|
|Amrita Mukherjee||Soumya Singh|
|Callistine Lewis||Merlin Thomas|
|Ninou Kipgen||Tanvi Singal|
|Senya Sinha||Tamanna vashist|
|Vidushi Gupta||Judith L Pulamte|
|Abiya Biju Thomas||Tanuja Pandey|
|James Mathew||Ayush George|
|Jessica Angel Boipai||Shobhika Kaimwal|
|Koyel Hembram||Amala Anna Anil|
|Vanshika Sharma||Annah Thankam Mathew|
|Debangana Gogoi||Adarsh Tiwari|
|Nishita Dha||Somya Barik|