Enactus – The Global Network
Enactus is the world’s largest experiential learning platform dedicated to creating a better world while developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators. The network of global business, academic, and student leaders is unified by the vision to create a better, more sustainable world.
Enactus is spread across 2,064 campuses in 33 countries, positively impacting the lives of 11.6 million people each year with its social innovation projects and programs. Enactus provides a platform for teams of university students to take entrepreneurial action for others while using business principles and innovation to further the Global Goals and create a sustainable positive impact on people, the planet, and prosperity.
Enactus, St. Stephen’s Chapter
Enactus, St. Stephen’s is a community of college students with a head for business and a heart for the world. Started in 2013, Enactus, SSC epitomises values of integrity, passion, innovation, and collaboration. We are committed to our goal of creating meaningful progress towards achieving the Global Goals through sustainable, smart business solutions.
- Project Kadam: Enactus, St. Stephen’s is a community of college students with a head for business and a heart for the world. Started in 2013, Enactus, SSC epitomises values of integrity, passion, innovation, and collaboration. We are committed to our goal of creating meaningful progress towards achieving the Global Goals through sustainable, smart business solutions.
- Project Vasudha:The Project aimed at using the discarded resources lingering and polluting the environment into a socially and commercially viable product-manure. The manure aids in providing a good harvest, thereby providing a source of livelihood to many people. For this project we collaborated with various organisations – Sajag Mahila and Gramutthan Sanstha, 3D Solutions, and Aazad Farms and raised total revenue of over INR 50,000, and at the same time impacted the lives of many people.
- Project Kushal:The Project aimed at producing low-cost mosquito repellent candles from used flowers and organic raw materials with the aim of uplifting the poor communities and helping them achieve a healthier and economically better-living state. Our procedure involved the usage of low-cost and widely prevalent bee wax /paraffin, waste flowers (produced from everyday households and religious places. This project positively impacted 32 people and had an indirect impact on 200+ people. Through this project, we aimed to achieve the SDGs ‘No Poverty’, ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth’, and ‘Zero Hunger’.
- Project Protsahan:Project Protsahan aimed at empowering women by training them and assisting them in skills to start their own businesses like tailoring, embroidery, henna art, accounting, etc. We also trained them in expanding their business by conducting market research and analysis. We helped them set up a self-sustainable entrepreneurial venture. The project targeted the Sustainable Development Goals of Gender Equality and No Poverty.
- Project Aisha:Project Aisha was initiated by Enactus, SSC with the aim to provide medical aid to areas that would generally – not under normal circumstances – have access to it by working on a scalable model of data collection-driven project.
- National Championship: Enactus holds an annual intra-country competition for Enactus teams spread over different institutions to showcase their projects and how they have made a social impact.
- World Cup: Enactus teams from different institutions also get a chance to showcase their projects globally. Like-minded business, student, and academic leaders from around the world gather to listen, learn, collaborate and celebrate entrepreneurial action and shared innovation.
- 1 Race 4 oceans: The project aims to solve the ocean crisis through entrepreneurial action. Enactus teams around the world are recognized and rewarded for taking action to generate a sustainable, positive impact on ocean challenges.
- Bussoc: Bussoc is a project analysis competition organised by Enactus, SSC as its flagship event. The second edition of the 4-day long event was held in March’22 and consisted of rounds of competitions. The competition tested the analytical and problem-solving skills of participants through quizzes, case studies, and simulations of the project.
- Public Relations and Outreach:The vertical handles all events that take place, which involves ideating and organising them. The vertical also handles workshops, and seminars, and handles all the collaborations. In addition, the marketing of our project products also lies under the domain of the outreach team.
- Publicity:The vertical handles all social accounts of the society, including Instagram, Facebook, etc. It also handles the publicity of events and workshops conducted by Enactus. Posters, videos, and graphic designing, all come under the domain of this vertical which serves to be the face of Enactus, SSC to the world.
- Radio Shows and Talks: We conduct radio shows with an aim to create awareness against social issues like child marriage, dowry, child labor, etc. We primarily target the rural sector through our radio shows as these issues are relatively more prevalent amongst the people living in villages. We wish to create an impact in every possible form and radio shows are one of the most effective ways to help eradicate such evil practices. Working under this vertical, you get an opportunity to polish your communication skills and freely explore your creative side with activities like script writing and voice modulation. Most importantly, it gives you an opportunity to create an impact with your creative side.
Our Ongoing Projects
- Project Nuri:Project Nuri is a small-scale industry project started in 2021 which aims to provide women with vocational training (for preparing jams and pickles) to turn their domestic skills into an entrepreneurial venture. Through this project, we aim to achieve the 5th,8th, and 10th SDGs i.e. ‘Gender Equality, ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth, and ‘Reduced Inequalities’ respectively.
- Project Trishna: Project Trishna is one of our large-scale ongoing projects started in 2018 which aims at reducing the problem of unclean drinking water in a sustainable way and targets the SDGs of Water Sanitation and No Poverty. The problem of unsafe drinking water is readily prevalent, especially in Delhi NCR wherein we have based our target community. We aim to combat the serious shortcomings of traditional methods of water filtration like cloth filtration, water boiling, etc. We devised a low-cost, low-maintenance water purifier using the disinfectant properties of silver. We expect to impact 40 members of the community directly and 200+ members of the potter community indirectly. The project targets a wide demographic of various ethnicities and religions. Additionally, the project also aims to make safe drinking water accessible and affordable to the low-income groups of society.
What You get to do at Enactus
Enactus, unlike other societies, is an internationally recognized and established institution. Working for the St. Stephen’s Chapter of Enactus, you get an opportunity to be affiliated with an esteemed organisation and get to represent Enactus on national and international platforms. You network with like-minded business-driven people who want to make a social impact. You get to work on the ground and see the actual impact which is not just on paper. You get to hone your research, marketing, and leadership skills, and most importantly, you get to be the change you want to see happening.
Current staff advisor: Dr. Jaspreet Kaur
Name of the office bearers:
President: Tanvi Singal (III B.A Programme)
Vice President: Jerrin Jossy(III B.Sc. Programme with Computer Science)
General Secretary: Athul Cyriac (III B.A (H) Economics)
Treasurer: Ipsita Chaudhary (II B.A. (H) Economics)
1. Hiteshwar Sharma (II B.A. (H) History)
2. Vridhi Agarwal (II B.A. (H) Economics)
3. Ayushi Chauhan (II B.A. (H) Economics)
4. Tripti Garg (II B.Sc. Programme with Computer Science)
5. Navya Malik (II B.Sc. Programme with Chemistry)
6. Daisy Chabbra (II B.A. (H) Economics)
Link for Social Media handles:
Official Email address of the Society:
Link for Enactus Annual Reports:
Plan of Action (2022-23)
|Project Trishna (Conclusion)||July||● Visit to DJB for testing of our water filter samples
● Reports will enable us to choose the better model, which can be brought to the market
● Handing over to the porter community (target community) for making these filters and distributing it in remote areas where people cannot afford costly water filters
|Project Nuri (Execution)||July – October (tentatively)||● Collaborating with NGOs and visiting them to ensure that it matches our standardised requirements for pickle industry
● Making the initial product (pickle) by catering to standard norms: Raw Materials, Room Rent, Miscellaneous
● Establishing feedback mechanism before carrying out a marketing strategy
● Food Certification
|Project Plastic Shredder (Name not Decided – New Project)||July, 2022 – April, 2023||● Creating a low cost plastic shredder model
● Setting up the model initially in our college, and later to other colleges across Delhi
● Transporting Plastic Shred for making something useful
|Radio Shows with FIBAIndia||July, 2022 – April, 2023 (once every month)||● Recording Radio Shows with FIBA India on various social issues|
|Events, Talks, Workshops||● Based on current projects and social entrepreneurship|
|Bussoc’23: B-Plan Annual Event||February – March, 2023||● Conducting National Level B-Plan Competition
● Business Plan Workshop can also be organised
● Releasing Results in March
|Mentoring Sessions with KPMG||Once in every 2 months (Tentatively)||● Guidance for our ongoing and new projects through these sessions|