Enactus – The Global Network
Enactus is the world’s largest experiential learning platform dedicated to create the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators. The Enactus global network of students, academic and business leaders are unified by the vision to create a better, more sustainable world.
Enactus is spread worldwide over 1730 campuses and impacts millions of lives with its social innovation projects and programs. With its global annual competitions and the prestigious Enactus World Cup, more lives are benefitted through competition, collaboration and celebration.
Enactus, St. Stephen’s Chapter
Enactus, St. Stephen’s is a community of college students with a head for business and a heart for the world. Started in 2013 and having worked on various projects over the years, Enactus, SSC truly represents the spirit of social change and innovation.
- Project Kadam: The Project aimed at providing life-changing opportunities to differently abled citizens. It promotes a symbiotic relationship between the two communities. By placing the specially abled individuals at social enterprises, we ensured them a source of income and also strengthened social enterprises working towards a variety of causes, for a better world.
- Project Vasudha: The Project aimed at using the discarded resources lingering and polluting the environment into a socially and commercially viable product-manure. The manure aids in providing a good harvest, thereby providing a source of livelihood to many people. For this project we collaborated with various organizations- Sajag Mahila and Gramutthan Sanstha, 3D Solutions, Aazad Farms and raised a total revenue of over INR 50,000, and at the same time impacting lives of many people.
- Enactus SSC was selected as one of the Top 20 teams in the Mahindra Rise Special Competition which recognizes and rewards projects with a strong vision and impact.
- At the Enactus National Competition 2014 (4 months after the launch) Project KADAM was awarded the Veer Grant by Coca-Cola, the American Indian Foundation and Being Human, for the commitment it showed towards the differently-abled community.
- The Ongoing Project Trishna has been granted The Millennium Fellowship for its work to provide low cost potable water to communities with unhealthy water supply.
- National Championship: Enactus holds an annual intra-country competition for Enactus teams spread over different institutions to showcase their projects and how they have made a social impact.
- World Cup: Enactus Teams from different institutions also get a chance to showcase their projects globally. Like-minded business, student and academic leaders from around the world gather to listen, learn, collaborate and celebrate the entrepreneurial action and shared innovation.
- 1 Race 4 oceans: The project aims to solve the ocean crisis through entrepreneurial action. Enactus teams around the world are recognized and rewarded for taking action to generate sustainable, positive impact on ocean challenges.
- Bussoc: Bussoc is a project analysis competition organized by Enactus, SSC as its flagship event. The first edition of the 3-day long event was held in January ’21 and comprised of rounds of competitions and a talk on social entrepreneurship by Mr. Miguel Das Queah, who is one of the youngest crusaders of child protection in North-east India. The competition tested analytical and problem-solving skills of participants through case studies and the simulations to the project.
- And many more competitions…
- Public Relations and Outreach: The vertical is responsible for handling all events that take place, which involves ideating and organizing them. The vertical also handles workshops, seminars and handles all the collaborations. In addition, the marketing of our project products also lies under the domain of the outreach team.
- Publicity: The vertical handles all social accounts of the society, including Instagram, Facebook, etc. It also handles the publicity of events and workshops conducted by Enactus. Posters, videos and graphic designing, all comes under the domain of this vertical which serves being the face of Enactus, SSC to the world.
- Radio Shows: We conduct radio shows with an aim to create awareness against social issues like child marriage, dowry, child labour etc. We primarily target the rural sector through our radio shows as these issues are relatively more prevalent amongst the people living in villages. We wish to create an impact in every possible form and Radio shows are one of the most effective ways to help eradicate such evil practices. Working under this vertical, you get an opportunity to polish your communication skills and freely explore your creative side with activities like script writing and voice modulation. Most importantly, it gives you an opportunity to create an impact with your creative side.
Our Ongoing Projects
- Project Protsahan: Project Protsahan aims at empowering women by training them and assisting them in skills to start their own businesses like tailoring, embroidery, henna art, accounting, making gourmet products like pickles, etc. We also train them in how to expand their business by conducting market research and analysis. We help them set up a self-sustainable entrepreneurial venture. The Project targets the Sustainable Development Goals of Gender Equality and No Poverty.
- Project Kushal: Project Kushal aims to develop a sustainable way for candle production and consumption. The commonly used paraffin candles are a harm to environment as well as human health. Project Kushal aims to empower communities which can make these low-cost sustainable, mosquito-repellant candles and sell them to rural households, while earning a profit. India’s many places of worship generate a huge amount of flower waste; our team wishes to put this discarded flower waste to use, by producing sustainable candles using these flowers for their mosquito repellant properties and aroma. Through this project, we aim to achieve the SDGs ‘No Poverty’, ‘Decent Work and Economic Growth’ and ‘Zero Hunger’.
- Project Trishna: Project Trishna is one of our large-scale ongoing projects which aims at reducing the problem of unclean drinking water in a sustainable way and targets the SDGs of Water Sanitation and No Poverty. The problem of unsafe drinking water is readily prevalent especially in Delhi NCR wherein we have based our target community. We aim to combat the serious shortcomings of traditional methods of water filtration like cloth filtration, water boiling etc. Enactus, SSC has come up with a solution which involves production of low-cost ceramic filters which use disinfecting properties of silver to filter the water. The Project has also received Millennium Fellowship for its work to provide access to potable water to all.
What You get to do at Enactus
Enactus, unlike other societies is an internationally recognized and established institution. Working for the St. Stephen’s chapter of Enactus, you get an opportunity to be affiliated to an esteemed organization and get to represent Enactus at national and international platforms. You network with like-minded business driven people who want to make a social impact. You get to work on the ground and see actual impact which is not just on paper. You get to hone your research, marketing and leadership skills and most importantly, you get to be the change you want to see happening.