Dt. 03 May 2016
NOTIFICATION FOR THE POST OF LIBRARIAN (On Ad-hoc Basis) IN ST. STEPHEN’S COLLEGE, DELHI
1. Name of the Post : Librarian
2. No. of Post : 01
3. Pay Band and Grade Pay : Rs. 15,600-39,100+ Grade Pay Rs.6,000
4. Mode of recruitment : On ad-hoc basis
5. Educational Qualifications :
i) Master’s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and a consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization/digitalization of library.
ii) Qualifying in the National Level test in the relevant subject conducted by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking or equivalent.
6. Experience: – : Holding analogous post.
7. Job Requirement: :
According to the report of Kathpalia Committee University of Delhi, the Job requirement of the post of College librarian is as follows:
I. Performing, supervising / controlling/ monitoring the activities of the Library.
II. Planning and implementing new techniques and technologies and providing guidance to the Library Staff.
III. Correspondence and supervision of all administrative and financial matters pertaining to the library, preparing budget proposals, annual reports and agenda notes for various committee meetings, etc.
IV. Having Good IT knowledge with experience in handling medium size library independently.
V. Looking after the Library systems, Maintenance of books and data base, other regular Library procedures and other administrative work of the department.
VI. Good communication skills.
VII. Technical qualification of Library Software will be an added advantage.
VIII. Performing and supervising all professional and technical work relating to books, periodicals, electronic database and other formats of documents, collection development; reference, documentation and information, services, information literacy and competency programmes, stack rectification and stock Verifications, maintenance of stacks binding work; maintenance of library building and user facilities;
IX. Planning and organizing ICT activities including content development;
X. Planning and organizing extension activities;
XI. Assisting the Principal in all other Library matters including Planning, Organizing, Development and Research.
XII. Providing Internet access services and undertaking the maintenance of hardware/ Software/ and peripherals etc.
XIII. Arrangement of shift/holiday duties and attending the holiday/Sunday/Saturday duties as and when required;
XIV. Maintaining discipline in the Library under his/her control and following rules, regulations procedures.
XV. In the college, the Librarian is the overall administrative/professional in charge of the jobs/activities listed above and coordinating at all levels within and outside the system.
XVI. Any other jobs assigned from time to time by the Principal
10. The eligible candidates may apply with attested copies of certificates of the essential qualifications and experience to “The Principal, St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007” within 10 days from the date of the publication of this advertisement. Application received incomplete or after due date will not be entertained. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview. The college reserves the right to reject any or all applications/posts without assigning any reason.
Prof. John Varghese