Name Anamitra Roychowdhury
Designation Assistant Professor
Department affiliation: Economics
Education: Ph.D. (JNU, New Delhi)
Email: [email protected]
UG: Taught: Principles of Economics, Public Economics, International Economics, Indian Economy
Research Undertaken/Interests: Development Economics, Labour Economics, Indian Economy.
Articles in Edited Books
- “India’s Post-Liberalisation Growth Experience: An Analysis by the Demand Components”, Conference Proceedings of LeftWord International Young Scholars’ Seminar on Rich Nation, Poor People, LeftWord Books, New Delhi, and also available as IDEAS RePEC-eSocial Sciences Working Paper no. 454, March 2006 (with Shouvik Chakraborty).
- “Reaping the Demographic Dividend”, in Handbook of Population and Development 2010, ed. by A.K. Shiva Kumar, Pradeep Panda and Rajani R. Ved, Oxford University Press, New Delhi. Revised version 2013 (with C. P. Chandrasekhar & Jayati Ghosh)
- “Some Implications of the Recent Changes in Labour Laws”, in Dynamics of Industrial and Employment Relations in India in the Post-Reform Period 2016, ed. by K.R. Shyam Sundar, Daanish Books, Delhi.
Articles in Journals
- “The Demographic Dividend and Young India’s Economic Future”, Economic & Political Weekly, Vol.XLI, No.49 December 2006. (with C. P. Chandrasekhar & Jayati Ghosh)
- “The Impact of Macroeconomic Change on Employment in Retail Sector in India”, International Labour Organization (ILO)-Employment Working Paper no. 16, June 2008. (with Jayati Ghosh & Amitayu Sen Gupta).
- “The labour market flexibility debate in India: Re-examining the case for signing voluntary contracts”, International Labour Review. Vol.153, No.3, 2014.
- “Recent changes in Labour laws: An Exploratory Note”, Economic & Political Weekly, Vol. XLIX, No. 14, October 2014.
- “Will Recent changes in Labour Laws usher in Acche Din for the working class?”, Mainstream, Vol. LIII, No. 16, 2015.