SPORTS ADMISSIONS PROCEDURE
The Admission Procedure for Candidates applying under Sports Merit Category will have to undergo Composite merit assessment as per the weightage given below:
Certificate Marks 28%
Sports Trials 42%
Academic Percentage (BFS/PCM) 15%
Sports Interview 15%
All Forms for Admission are available Online. A candidate has to fill a separate form if he/she is appearing for trials of more than one sport. Incomplete Forms will not be considered. The College will accept only Duly Completed Sports Forms with the following:
- Uploaded (Valid) Certificates – Refer the University of Delhi Guidelines for Validity of Sports Certificates.
- Marks will be given for the (ONE) highest certificate only.
- University of Delhi registration Number and
- Confirmation of Payment
It is mandatory for all Candidates who have completed the above, to appear for the Certificate Verification with their Sports Certificates in Original (Certificates of Last Three Years will be considered) – Refer the University of Delhi Guidelines for Validity of Sports Certificates.
Certificate Verification will take place in St Stephen’s College as per the schedule displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
Every candidate who applies for Sports Merit Admission, is not eligible for the Sports Trials.
A List of Shortlisted Candidates for Sports Trials will be displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
St. Stephen’s College Sports Trials will take place in the College as per the schedule displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
Every candidate who appears for Sports Trials, is not eligible for the Sports Interviews.
A List of Shortlisted Candidates for Sports Interviews will be displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
List of Selected Candidates for Sports Merit Admission 2018 will be displayed on the College Website and Sports Notice Boards in College.
Candidates are advised to check the Website and College Sports Notice Boards for further information and schedule for the Certificate Verification, Sport Trials, Sports Interviews and related information.
- The List Shortlisted Candidates for the Sports Trials will be displayed on the College Sports Notice Board and Website 2 Days before the trials dates. All Candidates are advised to check the College Website and/or Sports Notice Boards regularly for Information, Updates and Schedule for different admission processes.
(Criteria for Short – Listing Candidates for Sports Trials displayed below).
- The Shortlisted Candidates should report in proper kit half an hour before the scheduled commencement of the Trials. All candidates must sign the attendance sheet.
- The List of sports candidates who are short listed for the Sports Interview will be displayed on the Sports Notice Boards and College Website.
CRITERIA FOR SHORTLISTING CANDIDATES FOR THE SPORTS TRIALS
Everyone who applies for the Sports Quota Admission is not called for the Sports Trials.
Marks will be awarded to each Candidate based on their Sports Merit Certificates as per the guidelines prescribed by University of Delhi after the verification of the certificates (8th – 11th June 2018).
Only the Shortlisted candidates in different sports will be called for the Sports Trials as per their playing positions as detailed below:
- Only Shortlisted Candidates after the Certificate Verification (as per the Playing Positions) will be called for the Sports Trials
Point Guard – Top 10; Shooting Guard – Top 10; Small Forward – Top 10;
Power Forward – Top 10
Center – Top 10
- Candidates who have participated in ISSF National Shooting Championship with a score of 90%in Air Rifle and 85%in Air Pistol will be eligible for the Trials.
- Candidates for Shooting Trials must bring their own Guns, Pallets, Gas, Ice, and other related articles .Only Target Papers will be provided by the college.
- Securing Position in the Trial does not consider the Merit of the Shooter. His/Her Performance (Score) will recorded for the same.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates after Certificate Verification (as per the Playing Positions) will be eligible for the Sports Trials.
- Goalkeepers – Top 7; Defenders – Top 15; Midfielder – Top 15 and Wingers -Top 10; Strikers – Top 10
- Only Shortlisted Candidates after Certificate Verification (as per the Playing Positions) will be called for the Sports Trials
- All Rounder – Top 10; Fast Bowler 05; Leg Spinner –Top 05; Medium Pace Bowler -05; Off Spinner -05; Wicketkeeper -05; Batsman – 05
- Individual Medley 200m is COMPULSORY for all Candidates in Men and Women
- Apart from Individual Medley, One Best Stroke as per the preference of Candidate will be timed for Recording the Performance.
- Securing Position in the Trial does not consider the Merit of the Swimmer. His/Her Performance (Timing) will recorded for the same.
SQUASH RACQUETs (M) / TABLE TENNIS (M&W)/LAWN TENNIS (M&W)/BADMINTON (M&W)
- Only Top 15 Candidates will Shortlisted for their Sports trials as per their Categories
In Case of Tie in any Sport /Category / Position then all candidates with the same marks will be eligible for the trials
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
- Applicants must reach the designated venue for the sports trials thirty minutes before the scheduled time and in proper kit.
- Candidates who do not report for the trials on time will not be allowed to participate, especially after the trials have begun.
- The College will provide only the ball (Basketball, Cricket ball, Football, Lawn Tennis Ball , Table Tennis Ball , Squash Ball, Shuttle Cock, Target Papers, etc). The remaining items/ equipment should be brought the applicants themselves.
- All applicants are advised to bring an extra Rifle, Pistol, Cricket Bat / Racquets for: Tennis / Squash / badminton in case of damage / malfunction or if strings /guts give way. Shooters are hereby instructed to bring pellets of their own choice. Trials will not be postponed for any reason whatsoever.
- Applicants should take care of their own belongings at the venues. The College shall not be responsible for any loss/damage /theft.
- Applicants indulging in any kind of indiscipline or attempting in a way that interferes with the smooth and orderly conduct to the trials may be disqualified by the Sports Committee.
- Parents, Guardians of the applicants are advised not to disturb the trials officials or the Committee Members during the trials
Academic Rider/s for Sports: Applicants please note that candidates seeking Sports Merit Admissions have to qualify basic Academic Rider/s for the following courses:
B.A (Hons) Economics (*Academic Rider Applicable)
B.A (Hons) English (*Academic Rider Applicable)
B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics (BFS Calculation should include Mathematics)
B.Sc (Hons) Physics (PCM will be considered)
B.Sc (Hons) Chemistry (PCM will be considered)
B.Sc (Prog) Chemistry (PCM will be considered)
B.Sc (Prog) Computer Science (PCM or Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science whichever is higher will be considered)
*The specific details of the Academic Rider/s will be duly displayed on the College Website and Notice Boards on the day the Cut-Offs for General Disciplines are announced.
**All participating in the trials are informed that they take part in these trials at their own risk and responsibility. The College shall not be responsible for any injury, accident, theft, etc. sustained during these trials.
For any matter, not covered by any Rule/Regulation, the decision for the College authority shall be final and binding.
Professor John Varghese
Dept. of Physical Education
Chairman of the Sports Admission Committee