INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AND ACCOMMODATION
The interviews for admission to the first-year undergraduate courses will be held according to the following tentative schedule. Candidates, especially those from outside Delhi, are advised to make suitable travel arrangements to be available in Delhi at least a day before their Interviews. Please check the college website for the latest information.
|Chemistry||June 17, 19 and 20|
|Physics||June 19, 20, 21 and 22|
|Economics||June 19, 20 and 21|
|History||June 22, 23 and 24|
|English||June 23 and 24|
|Mathematics||June 27, 28 and 29|
|BSc Programme||June 28, 29 and 30|
|BA Programme||June 30, July 1 and 3|
All admission related queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the interviews for a particular course have been completed, the list of applicants selected for admission will be put up on the College website and on the Notice Boards on the next working day after 4:00 pm. A Waiting List, in order of merit, for different categories, will be put up at the same time.
Those selected for admission should submit original certificates and two passport-sized photographs at the time of paying their fees and completing admission formalities. If, for unavoidable reasons, it is not possible to submit the original certificates at the time of admission, they should be submitted as soon as possible thereafter, but not later than 31 July 2017, failing which admission shall be cancelled.
The original certificates will be retained by the College till the time the student finishes her/his course or leaves the College.
ACCOMMODATION DURING ADMISSION
Accommodation on the campus, with facilities for dining, is available to a limited extent for outstation candidates called for interviews and their parents/guardians during the interview period. The College does not, however, guarantee the availability of accommodation for all. Those wishing to take advantage of this facility should apply at email@example.com. Those allotted accommodation will be required to pay the prescribed tariffs for food and/ lodging, at the time of room allotment.
DOCUMENTS TO BE BROUGHT AT THE TIME OF THE INTERVIEW
Applicants appearing for the interview should bring the following documents with them:
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- A printout of the interview call letter.
- A Printout of the Delhi University registration form.
- The following documents, in original and one set of self-attested copies:
- Certificate of the date of birth of the applicant (normally the Secondary School Certificate).
- Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination.
- For Candidates from Christian Category: Baptism Certificate and a letter of recommendation from the parish priest concerned. Candidates who have not undergone baptism for being members of churches that practice adult or believer’s baptism may submit the baptism certificates of either of their parents and a certificate from the pastor concerned that the candidate is a practicing Christian.
- For Candidates from SC/ST Category: SC/ST Certificate from a competent authority*
- For Candidates from PwD Category: Physical Disability Certificate**
- For Candidates from Foreign Boards: Equivalence Certificate from AIU, only if the examination conducted by their board/examining body is not mentioned in the list of examinations regarded as equivalent to the CBSE class 12 examination by the University of Delhi/the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
* Officers competent to issue Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificates:
(i) District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner.
(ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
(iii) Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
(iv) Sub-divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally reside(s).
(v) Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island).
** The Physical Disability Certificate has to be issued by a Government Hospital. In the event of any doubt as to the genuineness of the certificate, or the extent of the disability of the candidate concerned, or in regard to the entitlement of the candidate to seek admission under the category of physically disabled candidates, it is open to the Principal to refer the candidate to a Medical Board to be constituted by the University, and/or take such other steps as may be required to ascertain the correct facts and entitlement of the candidate concerned, and if it is found that the candidate is not eligible or entitled under this category, to cancel the admission after issuing a show cause notice to the candidate concerned, giving him/her 15 days time to reply.
Certificates issued by any non-competent authorities will not be accepted.
The self-attested copies will be retained while the originals will be returned after scrutiny.
Applicants should make sure that they take back their original certificates after their interview.
In exceptional cases a candidate may be permitted to produce the original certificates at a later stage.