Name: Ekta Kundra Arora
Designation: Assistant Professor
Department Affiliation: Chemistry
Education MSc., Ph.D.
Email: [email protected]
Current Undergraduate classes for Bsc. Hons. Chemistry and B.Sc. Programme Chemistry
Bioinorganic chemistry, Analytical chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, Computational methods in chemistry.
- Innovation Project funded by University of Delhi titled “Smart medicines: Investigation of Physio-chemical And Nanoscale properties of materials and Study of Mathematics of Dilution with respect to Homeopathy” 2015-2016.
- UGC funded Major Research Project titled “Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Novel Heterocyclic Compounds of Transition Metal Ions”. 2013-2016 (Ongoing project). Co- investigator
- Innovation Project funded by University of Delhi titled “Molecular Design, Synthesis, characterization and Applications of Macrocyclic Compounds”.2012-2013.
- Co-guided some Literature survey based and summer research projects for undergraduate students.
- Project titled ‘Metals in Medicine’ in Orientation course in OR 53 ,May 2007
- Project titled ‘Clay and its Ion Exchange capacity ’in Refresher course in Chemistry ,2011
- Project titled ‘Metal ion Toxicity’ in ‘Environmental Studies’ (ID)refresher course in 2014
- Lab manual of Chemistry (XI), Rohit Publications ,2013
- Lab manual of Chemistry (XII), Rohit Publications, 2013
- Excel with Systematic Numerical Chemistry, Lakshmi Publications(P)Ltd.,2008 ISBN: 81-7968-115-7
Articles in Journals
- Elements in the Chemistry of Life, SR Vol.53(04) [April 2016], Ekta Kundra Arora and Vibha Sharma, http://nopr.niscair.res.in/handle/123456789/34038.
- “Synthesis, antioxidant, antibacterial, and DFT study on a coumarin based salen-type Schiff base and its copper complex.” Chemical Papers 70.11 (2016): 1493-1502. ISSN print edition: 0366-6352, ISSN electronic edition: 1336-9075 Vibha Sharma, Ekta Kundra Arora and Savio Cardoza.
- 4‐Hydroxy‐benzoic acid (4‐diethylamino‐2‐hydroxy‐benzylidene) hydrazide: DFT, antioxidant, spectroscopic and Molecular docking studies with BSA” Luminescence(2015). Vibha Sharma,Ekta Kundra Arora and Savio Cardoza. Online ISSN 1522-7243.
- Cu (II), Ni (II), Co (II), Zn (II) Complexes of 2 [2-(6- Methylbenzothiazolyl )azo]-5- dimethylaminobenzoic acid : Synthesis, Spectral, Thermal and Molecular Modelling Studies’ Transition Metal Chemistry (2005) 30,552-559. Print ISSN 0340-4285, Online ISSN 1572-901X.
- “Periodic Table and Shielding Effect” ISSN 2349-154X e -content for Institute Of Life Long Learning, Delhi University , 2013.
- “Periodicity” ISSN 2349-154X e -content for Institute Of Life Long Learning, Delhi University, 2013.
- Poster on “Study of physico-chemical properties of extreme dilute solutions of Argentum nitricum involved in Homoeopathy”. at 1st International Homoeopathic Congress – 2016, New Delhi,Vigyan Bhavan, 8th – 10th April 2016.
- Poster on “Smart medicines: Investigation of Physico-chemical and Nanoscale properties of materials and Study of Mathematics of dilution with respect to Homoeopathy” at 1st International Homoeopathic Congress – 2016, Vigyan Bhavan,New Delhi, 8th – 10th April 2016.
- “Phytochemical analysis of plant extracts: A Review and TLC studies of ethanolic extract of Allium cepa” National Symposium on “Science Behind Homoeopathy“ at BITM, Kolkata, won the Best poster prize on 20 February 2016.
- Paper on “A one pot synthesis of 7-amino-4-methylcoumarin via smiles rearrangement, characterization and quantum-chemical studies” Indo-Portugese Workshop on “Emerging trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology, Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College and Deshbandhu College in association with Centro-de Quimica da Maderia(CQM),University of Madeira,Portugal.
- Poster on ‘Extreme Dilute Solutions Involved in Homoeopathy: Dilution Effects & Nano-scale Properties’ Indo-Portugese Workshop on “Emerging trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology, Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College and Deshbandhu College in association with Centro-de Quimica da Maderia(CQM),University of Madeira,Portugal.
- “Alternate medicines: Homeopathy-Smart medicines based on nanoparticle action” National Conference on “Emerging Trends and Future Challenges in Chemical Sciences, ETFC 2016, Kirori Mal College, Feb 2016
- Poster titled “A Review on “Synthesis of Formyl substituted coumarins which can act as potential precursors for fluorescence sensors” was presented in National Symposium on “Advances in Chemical sciences” organized by Department of Chemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143 005, March, 2014.
- Poster titled “Computational Study on the Localization of Aromatic Sextets as per Clar’s Sextet Rule using the Harmonic Oscillator Model of Aromaticity”was presented in International Conference on “Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences” held at Arya P. G. College, Panipat, Haryana, February 24-26, 2013.
- Poster titled “Synthesis and Characterization of Hexa-peri-hexabenzocoronenes” was presentation in National Conference on “Advances in Chemical Sciences” held at M. D. University, Rohtak,March 1-2, 2013.
- Paper titled “Computational Studies on the Electronic and Optical properties of a series of Oligoacenes and Hexa-peri-hexabenzocoronenes” won the consolation prize for presentation in the National Conference on “Redefining Science Teaching: Future of Education”inAcharyaNarendraDev College, University of Delhi, Delhi, March 7-9, 2013.
- Poster titled “Characterization, Electronic Properties and Feasibility Study for Various Devices using hexa-peri-hexabenzocoronene Thin Films” National Conference on “Redefining Science Teaching: Future of Education” held in AcharyaNarendraDev College, University of Delhi, Delhi, March 7-9, 2013.
- Poster titled “Theoretical and Computational Studies on the effect of substituents on the Electrical and Optical properties of Hexa-peri-hexabenzocoronenes” was presented in “Chemistry Meet 2012-2013” at St. Stephen’s College, University of Delhi, Delhi, February 15-16, 2013 and won the First Prize.
- Poster titled “Organic Semiconductors and their applications” was presented in workshop at Dyal Singh College, University of Delhi, Delhi, February 18, 2013 on Optics and Photonics in collaboration with National Academy of Science, Delhi Chapter and won the second Prize.
Membership of learned bodies.
- Life Member of Society Of Analytical Chemists
- Member of the team for revision of syllabus for B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry semester system (2009).
- Member of Co-ordination committee for National Conference on Chemistry: Structure, Reaction Dynamics & Spectroscopy. August 21-23, 2008, St Stephen’s College, University of Delhi.
- Member of team discussion on Second Year Chemistry Course of the Restructured B.ScProgramme” (2005).
- CSIR- JRF /NET
- N. Johry gold medal for first position in Inorganic Chemistry.
- Jean and Ashit Ganguly educational scholarship through competitive exam (M.Sc)
- National scholarship award under Career Advancement Scheme through competitive exam(M.Sc)
- Science meritorious award (B.Sc and M.Sc.)
Conferences, Seminars attended.
- Participated in the “1st International Homoeopathic Congress – 2016”, Vigyan Bhavan,New Delhi, 8th – 10th April 2016.
- Attended the workshop on “Emerging trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology, Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College and Deshbandhu College in association with Centro-de Quimica da Maderia(CQM),University of Madeira,Portugal Feb12-13 ,2016.
- National Conference on “Emerging Trends and Future Challenges in Chemical Sciences, ETFC 2016, Kirori Mal College, Feb 2016
- Participated in a workshop entitled Computational Methods in Drug Discovery on 16 and 17 April 2015 at Miranda House ,Delhi University.
- Invited for attending a talk by Dr. James Arvanitakis, Head, The Academy University of Western Sydney to deliver a lecture on “Innovative Teaching Methodologies” on 15th January 2015. by CPDHE.
- Attended the Interdisciplinary Refresher Course on Environmental studies organized by CPDHE from 24th Nov,2014 to 13th Dec 2014.
- Participated in foundation course workshop on Science and life on June 21 and 22, 2013.
- Participated in national seminar on “Role of Analytical techniques in Biology and Environmental Science” from 27-29 January 2011.Kirori Mal College, University Of Delhi and Indian Society Of Analytical Scientist.
- Attended Refresher Course organized by CPDHE from February 14 to March 8,2011.
- Attended UGC workshop on “Capacity Building for women managers in Higher Education” Feb 16-20 (2009) Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Participated in a 3 day National Conference on “Chemistry: Structure, Reaction Dynamics & Spectroscopy.. August 21-23, 2008, St Stephen’s College, University of Delhi
- Attended Orientation Course (OR-53) organized by CPDHE from May 3 to May 30 (2007).
- Participated in a workshop on “e- Learning and Content Design” on 26th& 27th October 2007
- Participated in a One day Seminar on “Frontier Technology in Chemistry, Biology and Horticultural Sciences” held on 20th December 2005, University of Delhi, Delhi.