- Ph. D., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2014.
- M. Phil., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2005.
- M.A., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 2003.
- B.Sc., University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 2001.
Teaching Experience: 5.8 years
Areas of Interest:
Labour Economics, International Economics, Public Economics, Macroeconomics and Indian Economy.
Public Economics, Indian Economy, Principles of Economics and International Trade.
- “India’s Post-Liberalisation Growth Experience: An Analysis by the Demand Components”,Conference Proceedings of LeftWord International Young Scholars’ Seminar on Rich Nation, Poor People, LeftWord Books, New Delhi, and also available as IDEAS RePEC-eSocial Sciences Working Paper no. 454, March 2006 (with Shouvik Chakraborty).
- “The ‘Demographic Dividend’ and Young India’s Economic Future”, Economic & Political Weekly, December 2006. (with C. P. Chandrasekhar & Jayati Ghosh)
- “The Impact of Macroeconomic Change on Employment in Retail Sector in India”, ILO-Employment Working Paper no. 16, June 2008. (with Jayati Ghosh & Amitayu Sen Gupta).
- “Reaping the Demographic Dividend”, in Handbook of Population and Development 2010, ed. by A.K. Shiva Kumar, Pradeep Panda and Rajani R. Ved, Oxford University Press, New Delhi. Revised version 2013 (with C. P. Chandrasekhar & Jayati Ghosh)
- “The labour market flexibility debate in India: Re-examining the case for signing voluntary contracts”, International Labour Review. Vol. 153, no. 3, 2014.
- “Recent changes in Labour laws: An Exploratory Note”, Economic & Political Weekly,October 2014.
- “Will Recent changes in Labour Laws usher in ‘Acche Din’ for the working class?”,Mainstream, Vol. LIII, no. 16, 2015.
Membership, National Committee, International Committee, Editorial Boards, Learned Societies
Life Member of International Development Economics Associates.
Member of World Economics Association.
Member of Indian Society of Labour Economics.